Colchester was 4GD’s first Level 2 SmartFacility delivery in the UK. Featuring a bespoke structure designed around the footprint of SimWall alongside a customised and intuitive 4GAV UI. Recently upgraded with Level 3 SimStriker targets the facility is our marquee facility in Europe.
Key project features
This SmartFacility included;
- 4GD’s first roll out of our patented top down, zero occlusion After Action Review (AAR) system. As seen below this allows unrivalled visibility of all training exercises.
- This facility installed moveable Light Switches and Door Sensors built into the SimWall® doors enabling hyper realistic event triggering.
- This delivery had an enhanced UI with multi regional audio effects allowing the facility to change between operational areas quickly.
- To enhance this immersion paneling was added to the exterior of the facility.
- To aid with the building of SimWall® a grid was added to the floor for ease of panel usage.
- Moveable MOE Doors, compatible with SimWall®, were placed into the facility for additional training benefit .
- SimStriker humanoid robotic targetry able to placed anywhere in the facility and capable of manual or robotic reaction.
Days of training to date
Metres of SimWall delivered
Number of scenarios